Minimum 300 words
Sitting has seemingly become a national past-time in the modern world, especially with the advent of personal cell phones and devices. However, research is now discovering just how harmful sitting can be to health, from both metabolic and joint pain perspectives. Please read the following articles and answer the prompts related to each article.
1. What deviation from neutral spinal posture when sitting and studying seems to be most predictive of neck pain?
2. What are some of the other health-related issues associated with the poor posture identified above? Discuss potential risks to the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.
3. Describe the most significant health risks that are associated with too much time spent sitting or being sedentary.
4. Describe the effect that physical activity has on health outcomes in relation to sedentary time. Is it possible to "make up" for time spent being sedantary with activity of various intensity? Explain your answer.
Genesis 1:28 – God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
"The first phrase, ‘be fruitful and multiply,’ means to develop the social world: build families, churches, schools, cities, governments, laws. The second phrase, ‘subdue the earth,’ means to harness the natural world: plant crops, build bridges, design computers, and compose music. This passage is sometimes called the Cultural Mandate because it tells us that our original purpose was to create cultures, build civilizations—nothing less" – Nancy Pearcey
Genesis 2:15 – The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.
Genesis 3:17-19 – Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of you brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground.
Matthew 28:19-20 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
1 John 3:18 – Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
5. We see over and over through the Bible that God is a God of action, and his directives to humankind are very much in line with physical and cultural movement. Additionally, as we've seen so far in this course, our anatomy is clearly designed for upright movement. With these thoughts in mind, what do you think God would say when he sees His creation living predominantly sedentary lives? What adjustments need to be made in our daily lives to honor God in a sedentary job or career in order to meet the mandates God has given us? Use insights gained from the research above as well as your own thoughts.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25