Esssay Questions Content
MONEY FALLING FROM AN ARMORED TRUCK?
That may sound pretty far-fetched, but it can and has happened. Take a recent six-month period. In August 2014, an armored truck left the Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City with a bag of money sitting on its roof. Video recordings show that it remained there unnoticed when the truck stopped at another casino. Sometime after that, however, the bag fell off, and the $21,000 it contained was never recovered. Two months later—on Halloween, to be precise—a bag of money worth an undisclosed sum spilled out of the rear door of an armored car after the door’s lock malfunctioned. Numerous drivers on their morning commute along I-270 in Frederick County, Maryland, pulled over and hopped out of their cars to grab as much cash as they could. Then on Christmas Eve of the same year, nearly $2 million tumbled out of the back of an armored vehicle in a crowded business district of Hong Kong, creating havoc as pedestrians and motorists alike scrambled for the money. And, finally, back in New York a month later, the back door of an armored vehicle popped open on the Long Island Expressway—exactly why is uncertain—and a bag containing $178,000 fell out. When it hit the ground, it sent $20 and $100 bills flying through the air, which caused drivers to screech to a halt to chase the fluttering cash. When it was all over, only $40 was recovered.
After each of these accidents, local police appealed to people to return the scattered money to its rightful owners, saying that those who kept it might be guilty of theft. Whether anyone heeded their pleas has not been disclosed.
Critical Thinking Questions:
1. If you encountered a situation like those described, what would you do—turn the money into the authorities, grab what you can and keep it, or just ignore the whole thing? What factors would influence your decision? Is the decision a moral decision or some other kind of decision?
2. Is it dishonest to keep money that falls from an armored vehicle? Is it theft? In your opinion, what would be the right thing to do? Explain the values or moral principles that support your answer.
3. Some people think that if you take the money, you are hurting no one. Is that true? Would it make a difference if the money had fallen out of someone’s purse or briefcase rather than out of an armored car? When and under what circumstances would you return property or money that you found to its rightful owner?
One page in length. Please type the question as well as your answer. Cite any sources utilized in APA format.
Required Text(s): Business Ethics. Author William H. Shaw. Edition 9th. Year 2021. Cengage.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25