Read Perfection on a Plate: Readings in the South Asian Traditional Queer Kitchen (EAA ch. 20 page 393-406)
The book link:
Eating Asian America (ipfs.io)
The following are probing questions. Please answer all the questions (1-2 page MLA format)
1) the important concepts and terms of the readings
2) the most important arguments of the readings
3) the parts of the readings they found confusing or unclear
4) how this reading relates to previous class readings, lectures, and discussions
You do not need to have a work cited page unless you have outside materials.
See the example on the doc
ETST 1111-Food Culture and AAPI Identity
Critical Paper #1 EXAMPLE
In the introduction of Eating Asian American the authors described how Food and the Asian American identities are tied together through the racialized bodies of Asian American. That is, Asian American food have been constructed historically in the United States, through “social, political, economic, and historical forces, as well as power inequalities, including discriminatory immigrations and law , have circumscribed Asians materially and symbolically in the alimentary realm –“(Ku and Ai, pg 1). Asian American is a racially termsin the United States and the books centers the study of culinary practices to theorized Asian Americanness. Each scholarship refused to celebrate and yield to the “superficial multiculturalism” (pg 3), that is celebrated in America.
In the What Do We Eat, we see a difference kind of narrative, in which the author wants to celebrate multiracialism through Food. Gabaccia in the introduction argues the balance between the power of food as “multi-ethnic” foodways towards solidarity versus “authenticity” of food in different regions. Gabaccia refers to Schlesinger as they suggest that “Americans are best united as a people when they lose their ties and loyalties to particularistic regional and cultural communities” (p. 227). That is Gabaccia wants to celebrate that as a nation we are a nation of multi-ethnics and that Food is a reflective of that.
The part in which I find most confusing or I questioned is whether Asian American Identity and and Food can exist in both realms at the same time. We talked about this in the class; whether Food brings people together or can be a used weapon against each people. Either way, the book and the conversations really shows me that Food is not simply just food but is closely tied to how Food and the Asian American identity is constructed as a whole in the United States.
My starter question is:
In which ways has the Asian American Pacific Islander community been effected by wars and imperialism on the racialized and often racist AAPI bodies in relation to the United States? How does food fit into this history? (Examples from the book and most importantly, for yourself/family/community)?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25