A small company, Stevens Textile Co. is expanding its operations and needs additional financing to support its expansion projects. The company is planning to change its business registration from a limited liability company to a corporation. As a corporation it will be listed on the stock exchange market and sell shares to the public to raise capital from investors. The business will be managed by professional executives who are not owners of the corporation. The company will appoint CEO and agrees to pay him $1.2 million in cash and over $25 million in stocks and options. Potential shareholders have reacted angrily to these proposals and are very likely to vote against the proposed compensation plans. The shareholders believe that the company has experienced losses over the years and agreeing to such a compensation plan will not be in the best interests of shareholders.
1. Explain agency relationship and agency costs to the owners of Stevens Textile Co.
2. Suppose Stevens Textile company is very successful and the founders’ cash out most of their stock and turn the company over to an elected board of directors. Neither the founders nor any other stockholders own a controlling interest (this is the situation in most public companies). List six potential managerial behaviors that can harm a firm’s value.
3. What is corporate governance? List five corporate governance provisions that are internal to a firm and under its control.
4. Identify three external factors outside the firm’s control that can be used to improve corporate governance and the firm value.
5. Identify five characteristics of the board of directors that usually lead to effective corporate governance.
6. Explain the following terms:
ii. poison pills
iii. restricted voting rights
7. Briefly describe the use of stock options in the proposed compensation plan.
8. What are some potential problems with stock options as a form of compensation.
Submit your answers in a Word document.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25